- Visa-free travel to 116 countries, including Europe and the UK
- Permanent residence granted within only 3 months
- Full citizenship and passport granted within 36 months
- No investment required
- No Spanish language test
- Cost-efficient family options available
FACTS ABOUT PARAGUAY
- Stable, solvent, predictable and reliable economy and government
- Paraguay’s Guaraní is the most stable currency in South America
- Traditionally inclusive and open country for foreigners
- Population of 7 million
- 4.5% GDP growth on average for the past 10 years
- Best investment climate in the region, with high ROI
- Low inflation – less than 5% over the past 5 years
- Most competitive tax scheme – flat tax rate of 10%
- Global ranking of 83 in the Economic Freedom Index
- Safe natural conditions: – no hurricanes or earthquakes
- Permanent residence allows for easy border crossing with Argentina, Brazil, and other MERCOSUR countries
RESIDENCE AND PASSPORT PROGRAM
According to Article 148 of the Paraguay Constitution and as detailed in Act No. 978/96, foreigners may obtain Paraguayan citizenship through naturalization if they meet the following requirements:
1. majority of age;
2. minimum residence of three years in national territory;
3. regular practice of any profession, job, science, art, or industry; and
4. good conduct as defined by the law.
Applicants must deposit USD 5,000 at the Paraguay Central Bank for 3 months. After permanent residence is granted, the deposit is returned to applicant.
This simple and economical program allows you to apply for a reputable passport as well as allowing for residence and/or investment in one of Latin America’s most promising countries.
Surrounded by powerful neighbors such as Argentina and Brazil, Paraguay has not been affected by economic or natural disasters and has halved its poverty index in the last five years.
PROCESS & TIMELINES
Preparation of documents (birth certificate, criminal record, etc.) by the customer.
Entry visa issued at the designated consulate.
First visit to Paraguay to request permanent residence and for different migration appointments (criminal records verification, fingerprinting, etc.). This requires a stay of approximately 10 working days.
Second visit to Paraguay, requiring an estimated stay of 5 working days. Permanent residence is granted.
Third visit to Paraguay for issuance of naturalization certificate and passport.
Additional minor fees applicable to such items as Official Government Citizenship Application Forms, Citizenship Certificates, and expedited passports are not included and are subject to change; for this reason, prior verification with a MCP Senior Consultant is required.
Please note that these timelines are to be used solely as a guideline, as processing times may vary depending on each individual case and on government policy. MCP is not legally responsible for any such changes. The granting of citizenship is at the sole discretion of the Government of Paraguay.